Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Finally - Ayla is Here - August 1, 2009

On July 31st we went for a check-up because baby Ayla was still not here! They did an ultrasound to check on the amniotic fluid and found out that it was dangerously low. They put me on fetal monitoring and decided that I had to be induced right away. I wasn't happy that I had waited so long and only to end up being induced anyway.

We went straight over to the hospital where they started me on cervidil. I was already at a 3 so we were sure she was going to be born by the end of the day. My water broke shortly thereafter, which I wasn't even sure that was what had happened since there was so little to begin with.

While I was on the monitor and in the beginning process of the induction Milton decided he had better head home, grab our bags and some food (for him of course). My mom was at the house (and had been for a week already) so she helped him pack up the remaining things.

Around evening the labor really started to pick up and I was needing to breath through each contraction. I was sure the end was coming near, but come midnight we were still waiting. They did let me go to the tub for a little bit between monitoring which really helped me relax. Milton had started my hypnobirthing music and was right there along with me helping me through each one.

At 4:00 in the morning they checked me to see how far along I had come and to my dismay I was only at a 4! I was exhausted and really needed to get some sleep. I asked for some pain reliever, which they gave me narcotic. Big mistake! It made me high as a kite, but didn't knock the pain in the least bit. Milton fell asleep for awhile, but woke up at 6:00 when I let him know that I couldn't go on any longer. I gave in and asked for the epidural so they could start the pitocin.

The epidural helped some and I was able to get some sleep, but later I would find out that it mainly numbed my right side and come time for delivery I would feel just about everything on my left.

After getting a little bit of sleep my midwife, Patti, checked me and said that I was fully dilated. At 10:00 I started to get ready to push. I started pushing at 11:00, and I pushed, pushed some more...The only thing that really kept me pushing was how everyone kept going on and on about how much hair she had...and finally at 2:06 Ayla was born.
Milton was able to receive Ayla and hand her to me, which was so awesome. I was completely exhausted, but I will never forget the first time I saw her! Everyone in the room disappeared and I just remember repeating over and over how beautiful, perfect, wonderful, etc etc that she was and how much I loved her.

Ayla Vanina Rosas weighed in at 7 lbs 5 oz and 20.50 inches long.











Grandma Anderson was anxiously awaiting at our house and couldn't get here fast enough to see Ayla.
We had a lot of friends and family come and welcome Ayla.
Grandma
Uncle Justin & Aunt Celeste with Xander
Uncle Brandon
Abuelos
Tia Vanina y Tia Gerson
Scott & Maxine Gagon
JT and Brittany Talbott
Mike & Laura Jaramillo
Stephanie Trujillo
Holly Magalei
Abuelita y Abuelo came from Utah and arrived just shortly after she was born.
Tia Vanina
Proud Papa
Taking our little princess home!

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca -- you have done an AWESOME job writing your family history and all the pictures to go with it!! What a treasure!!

    ReplyDelete