Saturday, February 2, 2013

Elton & Jeannie Rosas Tie the Knot

 The day finally arrived for Tio Elton's wedding.  I'm not sure who was more excited...the bride and groom or Ayla (j/k).  Elton had purchased her dress 6 weeks prior and she was anxiously awaiting the day that she could wear it. 
Aunt McKelle came from WY and was a great help in curling Ayla's hair.  You would think for how much Ayla likes to get dressed up and have her hair done that she would be a better sport about holding still, but that has never been the case. The solution, turn on the tv!
 Unfortunately, I was unable to get very many pictures due to the craziness and a very cranky little man.  I even missed the actual ceremony because I had to take a screaming Ahrian out of the chapel.
Ayla had the time of her life.  The music, dancing, food was all what this girl was born for! Mostly, the dance floor.  I don't think she really left it the whole night.
 She even demanded that others join her on the dance floor.  Thank goodness Abuelo loves her so much and puts up with her bossiness.
 Beautiful flower girl!
 
Ahrian and Tyler dancing with the bride.  It's a tradition to pay (any amount of money is accepted) to dance with the bride and groom.

 Ayla stealing the spotlight and Tia Jeannie's veil.
Little man relaxing with Karen, a family friend.
I know that I'm terrible for not getting any more actual pictures of the bride and groom.  Luckily, I'm sure that I will get a copy of their photographer's pictures.
Elton had been living in our basement since last July and he sure is going to be missed by all.  He has always been someone that I could call and he would do just about anything I asked.  He was never intimidated with watching both kids, or even all 3 after I started tending Greyson.  Even when Ayla was just a newborn he would come and get her until her next feeding or nap.  Even though she may be young and may not remember all the memories I have no doubt there will always be a bond that no distance can break.

No comments:

Post a Comment