Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Why I've Been MIA...

There's a reason I haven't posted in 2 1/2 months...And you can contribute it all to the picture below, our first ultrasound of the little nugget. I was really sick with Ayla and even more sick with this one. The morning sickness (all day sickness) started right at four weeks and didn't end until midway through 14 weeks. Yep, that's 2 1/2 months of seeing way too much of our toilet!
Poor Ayla, she didn't make it out of the house much and play time was very limited. She's such a sweetheart and would pat my back while I threw up (I hope she hasn't been traumatized). She even got to where she would "fake" throw up with me.
Luckily, I managed to only lose a few pounds where with Ayla I just didn't care and ended up losing 12 pounds (either way I was chatised by my midwife that I shouldn't be losing weight). I'm finally out of the major morning sickness and feel almost back to normal.
A lot happened during that time. Ayla started taking her first steps at the beginning of October and had it perfected on my birthday, Oct 27th. Her favorite walking practice was grabbing a book from the book shelf and bringing it back to me (who of course was curled up on the couch trying to stay alive).
Papa still finds the most random things to put Ayla in and she loves every minute of it.
One morning I wondered where Ayla had gone off to and sure enough she was getting into things...This one being her old walker (which should have been put away months ago). I couldn't figure out how she did it, but eventually got some pics of her in progress. She would start by climbing up the back and pulling herself forward.
Once she was forward enough she would slide her feet into the walker.
And tada...she's in.
Halloween was a lot of fun! We spent it with the Gagon's who really know how to throw a cool party.
Ayla had picked out her custome months ago while shopping at Costco. Yes, she did pick it out herself and held onto it the whole shopping trip giving it lots of hugs and kisses along the way. By Halloween she was a pro at walking!
On Halloween day Milton was asked by a good friend to baptize her daughter Astrid.

Ayla and I hanging out at Justin and Celeste's for the afternoon. Ayla LOVES her cousin Spencer!
We were invited to celebrate Kaden Talbott's 2nd birthday. Ayla had a lot of fun playing with the big kids!
She's just growing up way too fast!

2 comments:

  1. I love her monkey costume. I'm so glad you're feeling somewhat better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you guys are still alive and glad to hear you are feeling better!!! When I first saw the ultrasound pics I was like "WHAT shes having twins..." hehehe! We sure do miss you guys and hope to someday get together again!

    ReplyDelete