Thursday, December 9, 2010

Bye, Bye Chupon!

Do you notice anything new or different about this picture? Besides that she's trying to ride something that is much too small for her?
Her chupon (pacifier) is gone! Ayla had become very attached to her chupon and had to have it with her most of the time. Milton and I were wanting to break her of it months ago, but there was just so much going on and then I was so sick that it just didn't happen...so a week ago I made the dreaded decision that it was time. I rounded up all her chupons, snipped the ends and handed them to her. I proceeded to explain that they were all broken and she was too big for them anymore. For the first 30 minutes she thought it was funny, but after realizing they were all broken she became quite upset.
Luckily, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. At bed or nap time she would cry for about 10 minutes before falling asleep, but overall it went quite smoothly.
I miss it sometimes when I need the quick fix to make her happy, especially since she is now cutting her top canines....however, it was time to say goodbye.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, she's officially a BIG girl! I"m so glad it went smoother than you thought it would. And now you won't have her trying to take the baby's binky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it went smoothly! I still wish I could pop a binkie in Bow's mouth sometimes--hehehe! She is absolutely Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes -- there is something different I noticed about this picture -- how long her hair's gotten since the last time I saw her just a few months ago! She's such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete