Saturday, March 20, 2010

Some Our MANY Projects

We've been quite busy already this year doing home maintenance projects. It's been going on 4 years since we renovated the house, so it's time to do some work. I've been painting the kitchen all the floor and base boards and still have a lot more painting to do. When Milton renovated the house they stuck to pretty much the same paint color throughout since the original intention was to do a fix and flip, but we decided to keep in when we got engaged.

I have decided that this year I am going to give a garden a try. In our backyard I will have the tomatoes, sunflowers, pumpkins and squash. For all the others (beans, peas, lettuce, spinach, etc) I am going to buy a plot at our community garden. I think it's awesome because all I have to pay is $20, which includes a 10x20 plot and water. One of the reasons out of many that I am doing a garden is my new church calling which is the Welfare/Emergency Preparedness Coordinator for our ward. So, yes I have a lot to learn!

Since Colorado has such a short growing season I was advised to start most of my plants in pots and the above flat about 6 weeks prior to planting so that they will have the best shot at harvest before the frost comes.



Milton has also been very busy too...We do have a fairly large plot for our house, but most of it is front and side yard, so we've decided that the two large trees in the back need to go so we can accomodate for the small garden, Ayla's pool and room for our patio set. I have no idea how Milton did it, but he was able to take down the smaller of the two trees. However, after over 2 days of work on this one alone I think we'll leave the larger one to the professionals...It was dark by the time he was finished so I wasn't able to get a good picture of it and then it snowed later that night. I just hope the dogs don't end up falling into the hole or breaking a leg!

Of couse, the work never ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment