Monday, January 25, 2010

Green Beans and Teeth

Ayla experienced a lot of new things today. First, she woke up about 5 this morning, which is about 2 hours earlier than normal and had a rough time going back to sleep. I didn't think much of it until later that morning when I was feeling her gums and sure enough that little bud is now a little tooth. After several months it finally broke the surface! I just don't think that I'm ready for it yet...

Second, she had her first baby food besides cereal and oatmeal. I thought that we would start with the "nastiest" and then hopefully she would like them all, but it didn't really work out that way.

She hated them!!!! After just a few bites she would no longer open her mouth, such a stubborn little girl!


Third, she had her first sippy cup with water. I have given her sips out of my cup before and she seemed so interested I thought she would catch right on, but I think she was a bit afraid of anything going into her mouth after the green bean experience.


At least she seems to get the idea of it.

2 comments:

  1. That picture of her eating the green beans made me laugh out loud!!!!!! Stop being a mean mom and bring on the apple sauce and peaches!! Apple juice in a sippy is yummy too! Green beans and peas are gross!!! (And it comes out even grosser then it went in!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have to stratigize with a infant!! Looks like she has won this battle, smart thing! Love the picture, that will have to go in the year book when she is a seinor...HA!

    ReplyDelete